As a patient at Health Delivery, Inc., you have the right to:
1. Considerate, respectful care with suitable attendants consistent with the health care resources available and the accepted standard of care.
2. Be treated equally and cannot be denied appropriate care on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual preference.
3. Resonable safety, comfort and privacy within the health center.
4. The identity and professional status of the health care providers and professionals primarily responsible for your care.
5. Full disclosure from the provider of care about your condition, treatment, prognosis, significant complications, risks, benefits, alternative treatments available and any other additional information required to give informed consent prior to any procedures.
6. Personal and information privacy within the limits of the law. That is to: Refuse to talk with or see anyone not directly involved in your care; Be interviewed and examined in surroundings that ensure reasonable privacy; Expect that any discussion or consultation involving your care will be conducted confidentially; and Have your health records read only by individuals who are directly involved in your treatment or the monitoring of its quality or have legal authority to review your record.
7. Expect reasonable continuity of care.
8. Be advised if the facility proposes to engage in, or perform research associated with your care or treatment. You have the right to refuse to participate in any research project.
9. Refuse treatment to the extent premitted by law and government regulations, and to be informed of the consequences of your refusal.
10. Be informed of facility rules and regulations which relate to your conduct.
11. Receive information concerning the medical or dental treatment process to initiate, review and resolve potential complaints.